Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Josh & Katie {Grand Rapids Wedding Photographer}

Some shoots just remind you of why you love what you do so much - this was one of them. I had high expectations for this shoot & for myself because my subject was none other than my amazing assistant Josh. He has been assisting me for a couple of years and just recently got engaged and asked me to shoot his engagement and wedding images.

I am tied to Josh in a number of ways. One of his sisters is one of my closest friends, another of his sisters is my bookkeeper/office manager and my parents are friends with his parents - although I've really only known Josh for a few years we really go waaay back as in I was playing Barbie's with his sisters before he was even a twinkle in his parents eyes.

I really wanted to do an awesome job on this shoot for a number of reasons: 1) Josh works really hard at assisting me on every wedding, 2) I know he and his family's expectations are high as he is a photographer 3) I really like him & lastly because I really needed a shoot to inspire me artistically.

To be honest I was a little nervous at first because the light at our first location was not great, we had a watery eye situation and to be honest my day had been stressful and I just wasn't feeling it. We stopped at another location and my mojo picked up a little and then we stopped at a third location that I have been dying to shoot at and God shined down on us - literally. It was an "Aaaah" moment (that was a choir of angels singing in case it didn't translate well in type) the lighting was amazing, the outfits were killer, and Katie & Josh just started to shine in front of my camera. I just wanted to jump up and down with excitement. It felt so good to be creating such amazing images for someone I really respect & admire.

Josh & Katie I hope you love these as much as I do. You guys are so cute together and I can't wait for the wedding next summer.

Here are a few favorites and then a slideshow of a few more.

























3 comments:

Kristy Stites 5:46 PM  

These are fantastic Trudy. Love the retro feel of them, especially that gorgeous girl in the leopard coat!

BusyMama 6:48 PM  

Trudy,
Amazing photos ... as always!
~Miriam

BusyMama 6:48 PM  

Trudy,
Amazing photos ... as always!
~Miriam







Sign up for our Email Newsletter
















For Email Marketing you can trust


My photo
Trudy is a photographer in Grand Rapids and the West Michigan area with a fun, funky fresh modern style of capturing contemporary images. Trudy is a children's photographer, newborn photographer, urban photographer, wedding photographer, creative family photographer in Grand Rapids, East Grand Rapids, Cascade, Ada, Rockford and the surrounding areas.
© Original template from Our Blog Templates Template Modified By EightCrazy Design